photo home_zps4251ac48.jpg  photo about_zpsc575d27a.jpg  photo FaQ_zps7817f67c.jpg

Thursday 21 March 2013

"And in that moment I swear we were infinite"

Have you read the excellent book The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky? Or seen the film adaptation with Ezra Miller and Emma Watson? If you haven't I highly recommend you do, as I love both. Me and the abroad boyfriend always sign our cards 'I love you infinitely' (bleurgh, apologies) since I convinced him to read the book on our hols. So for my 22nd birthday one of his presents was this.






He ordered it from not on the high street.com by a little jewellery maker called Literary Emporium   (official website here) which creates unique pieces based strictly on a bookish theme. Each piece comes mounted on a hand-printed postcard with it's relevant quote. They also create post-cards and quote cards all cited from classic authors. The print was so lovely that I framed it. 

(no longer on sale, though they still stock similar)

The necklace itself is gorgeous and I absolutely love it, I wear it with everything! It looks a little tarnished in this photo for some reason but I can assure you that it isn't. I've currently got my eye on two 'The Great Gatsby' (by F. Scott Fitzgerald, one of my favourite authors) necklaces, this little book and this bow-tie. I'm in love with the font on the last necklace card!       

                                         

Literary Emporium The Great Gatsby Necklaces
(book £35 and bow-tie £12)

I currently don't have the pennies to afford either, even though the bow-tie is only £12 (! unbelievable) but as my mum always says 'We'll have to see what Santa brings.' (Yes, I am well aware that Christmas is over 9 months away..) let's just hope someone treats me!

3 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Thank you so much for blogging about Literary Emporium. I'm so pleased you like The Perks of Being a Wallflower necklace and I love that you've framed the quote card :)
    PS. Your blog is lovely - you've got a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Means a lot as this blog is still only in it's infancy (less than a week old) so congratulations on being my first follower, you've got a customer for life! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh god that photo of you is so perfect! I'm so excited to see how your blog develops :) it looks so good already!xx

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...