photo home_zps4251ac48.jpg  photo about_zpsc575d27a.jpg  photo FaQ_zps7817f67c.jpg

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Very First Outfit Post... The Interview

Skull Scarf from Primark: £4
Beige Blazer from Primark: £14

So following my last post on my Primark Haul, I promised I would show you my new jacket on the day of my interview. Well I got a little bored so I decided to put all the things I was going to wear on as like a trial run, just to make sure that on Tuesday morning I wasn't dashing round like a mad thing when I realised that what I had initially planned to wear just wasn't going to work. I'd like to think other people trial their outfits and it isn't just me being mental? And so my first outfit post was born, eep. I feel pretty embarrassed actually, it feels a bit silly posting photos of my self posing. And it felt incredibly self conscious to set my camera up and vogue-ing around my bedroom on my own. But I promised, so here it is.

The photograph unfortunately doesn't show my dress up very well at all, my Mom actually bought this for me for Easter (too old for eggs now, apparently) from Next. The dress is high neck and sleeveless, body con and mid-length. What you can't see from the photo is that it's also like ribbed? ("For your pleasure." F.R.I.E.N.D.S reference anyone?) I always think of Next as a more 'mature' shop, in comparison to places like Topshop or Urban Outfitters which are usually where I end up buying my clothes, so I suppose this was kind of fitting for my first formal interview. I was actually really surprised by how many things I really did like, maybe hitting 22 has given me a new appreciation for what I deemed as a "mature: shop or maybe I just grossly under-estimated Next? I have had other interviews, though for bar jobs they tend to be quite informal, and for my Art Degree the interviewees tended to show their creative flair through their outfits (or risk being deemed normal boring?). But for this interview I needed to look a little more professional, which means I needed something to look a little older than 16 which is how young I tend to look (exaggeration, but still) so I'm thinking this might do the job.

I'm hoping I'll be able to dress this up for some formal occasions or for future job interviews. Or hopefully when I'm teaching? Fingers, toes, and all other possible appendages crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Since when did you get all mature? You're gonna NAIL that interview lady! :) is it for teaching / PGCE? bon chance x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, probably between the slow loris-ing and the crazy rapping cats videos? Yes, I'm crapping myself, I've been doing all sorts of mad revision on the education reforms. Merci, ma petite girafe. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...