photo home_zps4251ac48.jpg  photo about_zpsc575d27a.jpg  photo FaQ_zps7817f67c.jpg

Sunday 7 April 2013

"You can put make up on your eyebrows!?" A Brow-Zing Review




Recently me and Lily had a discussion about how much we love Benefit's Brow-Zing and that lead us to talking about how funny this video is (and Jenna Marbles in particular), specifically
 "You can put make-up on your eyebrows!?"-2.20min




This was most likely me about a year and a half ago (I remember it well, a result of a week in the sun had bleached even lighter) when I realised I didn't have to put up with my weird mousey brown eyebrows not matching my naturally dark brown hair. My eyebrows could match my hair colour, as well as looking fuller- post ripping them all out in the 90's for the eyebrow look that was essentially a line of hair. Why did we do that again?

Being forbidden to pluck them by my mom in Year 7, I once even attempted to shave my eyebrow into submission before school picture day. Cue comic timing of a bad High School photo where I have half an eyebrow...
Anyway, after a few months of faffing around with a random stub of an eyebrow pencil which I most likely stole from my mom (make-up pro that I am), I decided to go and get a decent bit of eyebrow make-up. So with all the fear that I would come out with a Desperate Scousewives style brow I went to the Benefit counter in Liverpool and asked for some advice. I came out with some subtly enhanced eyebrows and the Brow-Zing eyebrow shaping kit in Light. This kit comes with a pigmented wax for shaping, a natural shaded powder for setting, two mini brushes (a hard angled brush and a blending brush) and a pair of mini tweezers in a little mirrored compact.




Apologies that you are looking at a used product, but I literally use this every day. I feel like I must have looked like I had no eyebrows previous to using this, and my face just doesn't look quite right until I've used a little of this. As you can see from the photo I did lose my mini tweezers. To be honest I'm not that fussed, I didn't particularly rate them. They were a nice touch to the set but they just didn't do their job! I may have had a slightly faulty pair but I found them impossible to tweeze with. The wax is a little darker than the powder on the right and I usually use a little of this on the angled brush to give a bit of shape to the eyebrows, I then use the powder with the blending brush to darken them slightly and blend the wax into my eyebrow a little better. The powder looks quite light but on looks much closer to the colour of the wax somehow.


It's the only brow kit I've tried so far but I really rate it, it has great staying power, the wax doesn't smudge or rub off easily and it never looks severe or unnatural (of course it probably could if you wanted it to and applied enough of it). I know so many people who have this kit and rave about how good it is. It also lasts forever! I have had this since September and use it everyday and you can tell it's used but it's definitely not about to run out. It is a little pricey at £23.50 and there are dupes out there (Sleek MakeUp's Brow Kit) but this is lasting me so long it's definitely an investment. I'll let you know when it runs out, if it ever does!

Any other Brow-Zing lovers? Or are you lucky enough to be able to embrace your au-natural brows?

4 comments:

  1. I just recently learned the beauty of the eyebrow pencil/shadow and I love it! y eyebrows will never look the same. I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! I love the design and the content is so great. I will definitely be following you on bloglovin and GFC. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though my eyebrows are becoming a lot fuller (thanks god) I still use this every day! I absolutely adore this little miracle!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a victim of the linear eyebrow fashion too :p Lovely blog btw definitely following :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Ha I know I look back at photos where my eyebrows are bare and I haaaate it! eye brow make up is defiantly a must have for me

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...